Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF/PRP) treatment, also known as Liquid Gold, if explained simply, is extracting blood from the patient and using the same blood to extract Platelet-rich fibrin from the blood sample then injected to target areas. Are they effective on scars? If so, how long does it take for them to work?
When we were kids, we used to believe in vampires and wondered why in all the possible parts of the biological body, why take blood? Aside from that, drinking blood makes them feel and look younger. Additionally, their wounds heal in an instant. (Besides that, they do not want to be exposed to the sun. Compare that to how ultraviolet rays and collagen contribute to aging) Vampires are not real. We all know that, but it’s kind of funny and ironic how their characteristics are somewhat similar to how aesthetic, and medical Platelet Rich Fibrin treatment works, and even other cosmetic treatments. Are we normalizing vampires? Or are we turning to one?
Well, let’s get to the serious part. Platelet Rich Fibrin’s effects are somewhat similar to Platelet Rich Plasma’s. Let’s take a quick look:
- It can be used as a facial injection, almost similar to the process of micro-needling and dermal fillers. It stimulates and boosts skin collagen production, thus, fairer, smoother, and younger-looking skin. It gets rid of wrinkles by thickening and tightening the thinned skin. It’s also a great treatment for enhancing overall skin texture and tone.
- It can be used as scar treatment. One of the major uses of Platelet Rich Fibrin. Scars are hard to get rid of, especially on joints and ligaments. If you happen to be dealing with unsightly scars, Platelet Rich Fibrin can be considered as the best viable option for you. Also:
- if you have stretch marks;
- underwent surgical procedures;
- knee replacement surgeries
- breast augmentation
- tummy tuck
Don’t hesitate to confer with a dermatologist if you have these or other types of scars. Most probably, they won’t charge you for asking if Platelet Rich Fibrin is a viable option for you. Just make sure to consult the right ones. Most of the time, the results of PRF treatment (and any other treatments) depend on the practicing dermatologist or esthetician.
- PRP Stimulates hair growth. The tissue growth caused by Platelet Rich Fibrin treatment Moscow, US stimulates hair follicles, making them larger and healthier so they can produce thicker hair. Whether you’re experiencing thinning hair, receding hairline, or even baldness, PRF and PRP are viable options you should consider.
- It can be used for orthopedic surgeries. The hassle we experience when we undergo orthopedic surgeries can interfere with our daily activities, especially the recovery and downtime. With PRF and PRP treatment, the tissues in the wounds regenerate faster, hence rapid recovery time and less downtime.
There are more ways Platelet Rich Fibrin treatment can help a lot of us. Its main benefit is that it acts as a tissue growth stimulant. It can be used in a variety of ways you can ever imagine, from as simple as an acne scar treatment to as complicated as a post-surgical scar treatment.
But how long does it take for Platelet Rich Fibrin or Platelet Rich Plasma to work for scars? Well, it depends on the patient’s blood components. That’s why most estheticians, dermatologists, or doctors first evaluate the blood components before a treatment or procedure. The blood extracted from the patient is then spun in the centrifuge depending on the condition and the target area. It also depends on the patient’s healing capability. Others’ wounds tend to heal faster than others, while some tend to heal gradually. There are various factors a patient has to consider; hence, so are the results.
According to most results, results from Platelet Rich Fibrin and Platelet Rich Plasma take time between three to four weeks to appear but are long-lasting, typically lasting 12 to 18 months after an initial series of three treatments. There are even some patients who see improvements in the first week after the treatment, while some patients see visible effects up to three to four weeks after it. Some needed two or three treatments wherein they see improvements, but their cases are severe or need a lot of time to heal.
This is where the factors come into play. Some just wanted to get rid of acne marks, and they have mild cases of it. A rapid improvement is obviously due to the mildness of the case. While some patients whose improvements appeared three to four weeks after the treatment can be due to the severity of the condition they are trying to treat. Not even to mention other factors that can contribute to either hasten or decelerate the regeneration of the wound or scar.
Platelet Rich Fibrin and Plasma treatment are one of the best options if you want to: get rid of scars; have an effective facial treatment; stimulate hair growth; and hasten wound recoveries and post-orthopedic surgery – without having to go through surgical treatments. Besides, it is not as costly as it complicatedly sounds like. On average, it costs $600 depending on the target area, your geographic location, and the clinic you chose.
On average, PRF and PRP treatment takes a week up to three weeks depending on the size of the target area, the severity of the case, genetics, and many other factors. While its effect can last up to 18 months. Additionally, some people necessarily have to undergo more than one treatment. This makes PRP or PRF treatment a cost-effective way of getting rid of scars, acne marks, stretch marks, and other skin impurities without having to go through surgical procedures wherein risks can be worse and the cost is higher.
Are you experiencing hair loss? Do you have unsightly scars? Can’t wear your two-piece bikini due to a CS scar? (regardless of your cut) Maybe you want to look younger as if you turned the hands of the clock? Or maybe you’re a vampire who wants to stop the stereotype and start to move from blood-drinking to Platelet Rich Fibrin treatment [Just kiddin’ :)]? Ageless Aesthetics is the perfect match for you and Ageless Aesthetic has it all for you. Age less with no hindrances, Ageless Aesthetics.